4,700 Acres of Outdoor Recreation & Much More
The Forest lake Club is a private membership club for the outdoor enthusiast. Located in
Northeastern Pennsylvania it is only 100 miles from mid town Manhattan and 150 miles from central Philadelphia. The club has been in existence since 1882 and is steeped in the tradition of land conservation and preservation. All ages mix and enjoy the club, but it is a special delight for children, where conditions are ideal for play or learning about the joys of nature in a safe and healthy environment.
The property consists of 4,700 acres of forested land with 3 pristine glacial lakes for fishing and boating, 2 miles of stocked trout stream for fly fishing, and a 300 acre preserve for upland bird shooting. Members and guests fish for bass and trout in the lakes and hunt wild turkey, black bear and whitetail deer in the woodlands.
Our natural resources offer a variety of outdoor adventures including:
• Fishing for wild black bass, stocked trout, and a variety of other gamefish and panfish
• Hunting for whitetail deer, black bear, wild turkey and a variety of small game species
• Upland bird hunting for ruffed grouse, woodcock, and stocked pheasant and partridge
• Shooting sports featuring a skeet and trap field along with a world class 5-stand range
• Golf on a nine-hole 2,493 yard par-32 Executive course with no tee times
• Boating on all three lakes with electric motor boats, kayaks, and canoes
• Other recreation opportunities enjoyed by both young and old
• Racquet sports on two red clay courts, a hard surface court, and paddle tennis court
Club members enjoy a Swiss Gothic clubhouse built in 1899 which is the central focal point around which 63 members have elected to build cottages on club land. The clubhouse offers seasonal and daily lodging accommodations along with a full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Members also enjoy picnicing at any of the 10 picnic grounds around each lake and on the trout stream.